Monday, November 13, 2006

My wife is tougher than YOU!

For the past two years I had been working out in my basement. It was just great - barefeet, no easy listening music, and no concentration curls. Since August, when we moved to PA, I've been working out in a public gym - what a disaster! It is no wonder that you rarely see fit, tone, well muscled individuals walking around. Everyone in the gym is wasting their time.

Just last week I say a guy doing concentration curls while hitting on the girl next to him! Is he serious? The bottom line is that most people who don't workout use not having enough time as an excuse. But most people that do workout are wasting their time. Quite a paradox huh? This brings us to my wife. She is a busy lady but in living with me the excuse of "not having enough time" wouldn't fly. The answer is time efficient workouts. Here is just a glimpse of one of the supersets she did yesterday:

1 Arm DB Snatch (Left) x 5
1 Arm DB Snatch (Right) x 5
Bulgarian Squat (Left) x 10
Bulgarian Squat (Right) x 10

Rest 1 minute and repeat two more times.

In all honesty she could have stopped after this and have done more work than 95% of the people I saw in the gym today. Her workouts are short and hard. Most people want short but can't handle hard.

What is your training like? Do you ever use time as an excuse? Be different. Workout hard. Set the standard in your gym for results and dedication.

Oh yeah...her workout was done in the spare bedroom in our apartment. No fancy equipment just some dumbbells.

No comments: