Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Alwyn Cosgrove is a Bad Man.

I've been doing Alwyn Cosgrove's Afterburn II Fat Loss Training program. It is pretty tough but I was able to make it through the first 4 weeks and I felt like I was hitting my groove. However, yesterday I had to change up the rep ranges in the complexes from 8 reps to 4 reps. This coincides with an increase in weight. That coupled with new exercises at lower rep ranges later in the workout (more heavier weight), plus intervals, and the introduction of these devilish things Alwyn calls finishers (we talked about those when Alwyn was on Max-Out Radio) left me EXTREMELY sore this morning when NPR (National Public Radio) woke me up at 6:00am.

With these adjustments in the program Alwyn as arranged for me to become reacquainted with every muscle fiber in my trapezius (he's a bad man).

In regards to fat loss the program is dynamite. My wife even made some comment last night about how I was getting "skinny". I proptly corrected her that the proper term was "lean" not "skinny" (she'll ruin my reputation tossing around the s-word like that!)

Have a great day,
MR

No comments: