Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Nutrition Tip from Dr. Lonnie Lowery

Here's a great tip that I just read over at T-Nation.com from Dr. Lonnie Lowery. If you are not familiar with Dr. Lowery I recommend that you google him or look up his articles over at T-Nation. He is definitely one of my nutritional mentors.

=================
Eat or Shrink!

Eat on a schedule regardless of hunger! Simply divide the number of needed daily macronutrients (protein, carbs, fat) by six meals and that's what's needed every two to three hours. Eat them or be a shrunken flabby-man. Period!

===================

This is a great tip especially when it comes to packing on muscle. If you wait until you are hungry then you have waited too long. Something else that I've started doing this week when I have two lifting sessions in one day is slip on a BCAA or Protein drink throughout the day. This can help boost recovery, protein synthesis, and if you are using protein boost your calories.


No comments: