Monday, August 16, 2010

Mindful or Mindless Eating - Which do you do?

Mindful eating is a great concept.  You could be on the best fat loss diet in the world but if you are eating your meals it in the time it takes for a hulu commercial to pass only to find yourself still hungry? This is a perfect example (I know she's talking about ice cream but you get the point):

This is also very true of our eating. We eat meal after meal, snack after snack, barely aware of when and why we are eating, what we’re eating and how much we’re actually consuming. This is mindless eating and we are all guilty of it.

I remember one particular incident of mindless eating. My sister was going through a very difficult time and we were talking on the telephone. As we chatted, I took a pint of ice cream from the freezer, grabbed a spoon and dug in.  An hour later, when I hung up the phone, I realized I had eaten the entire pint of ice cream!


Read the rest of the post here http://diettogo.com/blog/eating-mindfully-weight-loss-you-can-do-it

No comments: