Monday, November 27, 2006

The Line Was Backed Up Into the Road



Oh Americans....they are fat! My wife just called me and gave me some distressing news. She is out running errands and found that there was a line of cars backed up and at a stand still (this is out of the ordinary in State College, PA). She couldn't figure out what the hold up was until she eventually rounded the corner and saw the source of this traffic hold up - Wendy's.

So many people were trying to get a Wendy's burger for lunch that the line extended out of the parking lot and into the road! Now if you are reading my blog you don't need a reminder that that the American rear end is growing larger with every french fry but I would like to take a moment to dismantle an argument that many people use when they refuse to eat clean.

"Eating 'healthy' is too expensive" - I hate this excuse. I had a friend in college that started the "Body For Life" challenge. He was doing great - losing fat, getting stronger, etc. Then he stopped. He said he ran out of money. However, he still had the money to drink and party on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday nights. Do you know people like this? Are you like this?


Fast Food Meal ~ $5

Mike's Fast Meal
3oz Bagged Triple Washed Spinach - $1.25
1 can Chunk Light Tuna - $0.60
1 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil - $0.25

I'm going to stop there. With my meal I've only spent $2.10 so you have at least $2.90 to spend on whatever you would like (other things to spice up the lunch). I would also like to add that 3oz of spinach is a BIG serving of spinach (volume wise). Even if you just ate the three things I outlined (though I suggest that you add some more variety) you would get an incredible amount of nutrients as well.

Eating healthy doesn't have to be expensive so don't let that be an excuse.

No comments: